Website The Royal Bournemouth and Christchurch Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Do you dream of a career in the United Kingdom where you can excel professionally and live a vibrant lifestyle in the sun by the sea? Then apply now for our roles available at the Bournemouth and Christchurch Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (RBCH)!
RBCH provides health care for the residents of Bournemouth, Christchurch, East Dorset and part of the New Forest with a total population of around 550,000, which rises during the summer months. Only 95 minutes by rail direct to London Waterloo and with its own international airport, Bournemouth’s relaxed lifestyle is measured with an upbeat and progressive approach to business. Find out more about RBCH here.
We will be recruiting nurses for the following areas:
Older Persons’ Assessment Unit – receives direct patient admissions from the Emergency Department and GP referrals as well as the trust’s Acute Medical Unit.
Short stay wards – deal with complex and acute medical conditions aiming for a shorter length of stay.
Long stay/complex discharges wards – support the discharges of patients who have complex needs which have resulted in a prolonged length of hospital stay.
The Acute Stroke Unit – receives direct admissions and has a dedicated Hyper-Acute Unit to provide acute stroke care.
Rehabilitation wards – aimed at medically fit patients on the ward with the main goal to provide a holistic therapeutic environment that promotes optimum independence.
Day Hospital – is a forward thinking rehabilitation service based on Christchurch Hospital site that supports patients with a diverse range of conditions by providing one to one sessions, outreach visits and exercise and education groups.
- Salary Band 5 pay scale from £24,907 – £30-615 gross per annum.
- Enhancements for “unsocial” working hours, nights and Saturdays +30%, Sundays and Public (Bank) Holidays +60%.
- Mixed shift pattern days, nights and weekends, 37.5h per week, 3 x 12.5h shifts.
- Permanent, full time positions + overtime and additional shifts available.
- IELTS fee to be reimbursed to the candidate on arrival against original receipts.
- CBT exam fee £83 – sponsored in advance.
- NMC Qualification evaluation fee (£140).
- OSCE exam fee £794 – sponsored.
- NMC registration fee £153 – sponsored in advance.
- Visa fee for the candidate only – sponsored in advance.
- 2 months of free accommodation (single occupancy only).
- Inbound flight to the UK of max. value of £620.
- 27 days of paid holidays + 8 public holidays.
- Excellent professional development opportunities.
- Enhanced NHS Pension scheme, excellent maternity and paternity leave packages, discounts in local shops, restaurants and more.
The trust is known for its exceptionally warm, friendly and supportive approach to newcomers and extensive professional development opportunities made available to staff through internal programmes as well as formal clinical partnership with the local Universities.
All successful candidates will be provided with a comprehensive OSCE training, NHS induction programme and a mentor.
- Nursing degree at post-secondary level leading to registration as a general nurse (minimum 3 years in length, containing minimum of 500 hours of clinical practice),
- Proof of English language proficiency in line with the Nursing and Midwifery Council’s requirements.
- Minimum 2 years of post graduation experience required.