Website CapitalNurse, London
We are now accepting applications from Adult General Nurses to join the CapitalNurse workforce in London. Find out more about Capital Nurse.
CapitalNurse is a programme of work being delivered through collective action across London, and it belongs to all nurses in the capital.
The current Trusts participating in this programme are:
CapitalNurse was established in July 2015 and is funded by Health Education England. It is jointly lead by Health Education England and NHS England and NHS Improvement.
CapitalNurse’s vision is to ‘get nursing right for London’; ensuring that London has the right number of nurses, with the right skills in the right place, working to deliver excellent nursing wherever it is needed.
- Salary Band 5 pay scale from £24,907 gross per annum.
- Enhancements for “unsocial” working hours, nights and Saturdays +30%, Sundays and Public (Bank) Holidays +60%.
- Mixed shift pattern days, nights and weekends, 37.5h per week, 3 x 12.5h shifts.
- Permanent, full time positions + overtime and additional shifts available.
- NMC Registration application fee (£153).
- NMC CBT (1 assessment) and OSCE (1 assessment) fees.
- Tier 2 Health and Care Visa costs.
- Economy flight(s) at the start of employment (max value £800).
- 1 month of free accommodation.
- 27 days of paid holidays + 8 public holidays.
- Excellent professional development opportunities.
- Enhanced NHS Pension scheme, excellent maternity and paternity leave packages, discounts in local shops, restaurants and more.
- Nursing degree at post-secondary level leading to registration as a general nurse (minimum 3 years in length, containing minimum of 500 hours of clinical practice).
- Proof of English language proficiency in line with the Nursing and Midwifery Council’s requirements.
- Minimum 1 year of post graduation experience required.