East Suffolk and North Essex NHS Foundation Trust (ESNEFT) is looking to recruit Biomedical Scientists to join their team in Essex!
About the Trust:
East Suffolk and North Essex NHS Foundation Trust provides hospital and community health care services for Colchester, Ipswich and local areas. ESNEFT is the largest NHS organisation in the region.
North East Essex and Suffolk Pathology services are a partnership of Colchester, Ipswich and West Suffolk hospitals that was formed on 5 May 2017. Their service is clinically led and designed to achieve the benefits of scale that can be achieved by three hospitals working together, while remaining close enough to their customers to meet their needs and support the excellent clinical care provided by their hospitals.
Working as a Biomedical Scientist at ESNEFT
Biomedical scientists run, develop, validate and implement new tests, undertake research and service development, make essential reagents and components and manage the testing facilities needed to provide high quality healthcare to patients.
Your work will be extremely varied and demand both analytical and practical skills. You’ll screen for diseases and be expected to identify diseases caused by bacteria and viruses, while monitoring the effects of medication and other treatments.
You’ll have the opportunity to specialise often in one of three areas, which can include molecular pathology and genomic testing:
- infection sciences
- blood sciences
- cellular sciences
East Suffolk & North Essex NHS Foundation Trust offer:
- Starting salary Band 6 (pay scale from £35,392 gross per annum) and Band 7 (pay scale from £43,742 per annum),
- Permanent, full time positions + additional shifts available,
- English language exam fee – reimbursed on arrival,
- HCPC application fee (£539.65) – reimbursed on arrival,
- HCPC registration fee – reimbursed on arrival,
- CoS application fee,
- Skilled Worker Visa fee for the candidate only – sponsored in advance,
- 1 month of free accommodation (provided by the trust)
- Inbound flight to the UK of max. value of £600,
- Airport pick up and transfer,
- 27 days of paid holidays + 8 public holidays,
- Excellent professional development opportunities,
- Enhanced NHS Pension scheme, excellent maternity and paternity leave packages, discounts in local shops, restaurants and more.
- Biomedical Science Degree or equivalent
- Specialist qualification relevant to role is required: Appropriate Post Graduate qualifications e.g. IBMS Higher Specialist diploma or IBMS Diploma in Biomedical Science, Masters or equivalent or working towards
- Essential: Minimum experience 5 years in a high-throughput biomedical environment (e.g., large hospital or plus postgrad training)
- Proof of English language proficiency in line with the Health and Care Professions Council’s requirements.*
- HCPC registration desirable but not essential (we can support with this for the right candidate).
* English language certificate not required when applying through the Swiss Mutual Recognition (SMR) route or when English is candidate’s first language, language use on a day-a-day basis. More information: Statement on English language proficiency requirements for internationally trained health and care professionals.