Cheshire International Recruitment Collaborative
Do you want to be a part of a team striving to make a difference in our community? Are you looking for a new challenge? Are you ready to make a difference to patient care?
Wirral Community Health and Care NHS Foundation Trust is looking for Community Nurses to join their fantastic team of professionals at walk-in centres and rehab wards.
The Trusts Wirral based Walk In Centre’s operate across 3 sites on the Wirral 7 days a week to deliver timely, effective, quality care to their patients. Sites include Victoria Central Health Centre in Wallasey, Urgent Treatment Centre at Arrowe Park Hospital and our Eastham Clinic.
They are seeking enthusiastic and motivated Staff Nurses who are keen to work flexibly across the 3 Walk in Centre locations, to join a friendly and well-established nurse led team. This is a valuable opportunity for Staff Nurses to work in an expanding service in which they will develop their nursing and clinical knowledge and skills, as relevant to all aspects of Unplanned Care.
Main duties of the job
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate, programmes of evidence-based nursing care.
- Assist in the management and organisation of a clinical area.
- Participate in the education, development and supervision of self and other staff members.
- Work collaboratively and co-operatively with others to meet the needs of patients and their families.
Working for their organisation
The Trust is committed to the employment of nurses and offers comprehensive personal training and development opportunities. The post includes all the benefits of NHS employment, including entry into the NHS pension scheme.
The Trust offer:
- Salary Band 5 pay scale from £25,655 gross per annum. (Pre OSCE salary: £21,777) Click here to download Staff Nurse Job Description – Band 5 (pdf),
- Enhancements for “unsocial” working hours, nights and Saturdays +30%, Sundays and Public (Bank) Holidays +60%,
- Permanent, full time positions + overtime and additional shifts available,
- NMC Qualification evaluation fee (£140),
- CBT exam fee (£83),
- OSCE exam fee (£794) – first attempt only,
- Certificate of Sponsorship (£3,199),
- Visa fee – sponsored in advance,
- 1 month of free accommodation (single occupancy only) + further 2 weeks should you require to quarantine on arrival,
- Inbound flight to the UK of max. value of £650 (including airport transfer),
- A welcome package including groceries for the first few days,
- 27 days of paid holidays + 8 public holidays,
- Excellent professional development opportunities,
- Enhanced NHS Pension scheme, excellent maternity and paternity leave packages, discounts in local shops, restaurants and more.
Candidates will be provided with a comprehensive 6 week OSCE training course and sit the exam on week 7. Following the successful completion of the NMC registration the candidates will then attend the standard NHS induction and will be further supported and mentored within their ward or area of specialty.
- Nursing degree at post-secondary level leading to registration as a general nurse.
- Proof of English language proficiency in line with the Nursing and Midwifery Council’s requirements.*
- 2 years working experience in acute hospital setting as a Registered Nurse (academic internships not considered).
* For other information about NMC English language requirements and exemptions please click here.
Any questions? Visit our FAQs section!