Are you an ambitious midwife looking to improve your CV and gain fantastic experience?
Cambridge University Hospitals (CUH) are looking to recruit Registered Midwives to join their team at the quintessentially British city of Cambridge!
You would be working at one of the most prestigious women’s hospital in the U.K. – The Rosie. CUH has a proud history of medical research and The Rosie hospital also works closely with the medical school of the University of Cambridge.
This hospital provides maternity and neonatal services to the local population of Cambridgeshire, extending to parts of North Essex, East and North Hertfordshire, Suffolk and Bedfordshire. Specialist services in high risk obstetrics, fetal and maternal medicine and neonatal intensive care are provided for the whole of the eastern region.
The Rosie has recently undergone a multi-million pound extension to meet the needs of the region’s growing population. The ‘new’ Rosie includes an expanded birth centre and one of the biggest neonatal units in the UK, and is fully integrated with the existing Rosie hospital to help to ensure the Trust can deliver care in modern facilities that meet the needs of women and their families, providing greater patient choice and further improving patient experience. On 24th May 2013 we were delighted and proud to welcome Her Majesty The Queen, accompanied by His Royal Highness The Duke of Edinburgh, to officially open the new Rosie hospital.
As a qualified midwife you will be required to have the appropriate knowledge, skills and competences to provide supervision, care and advice to women from conception, through pregnancy, labour, birth and the post-partum period. This includes conducting deliveries under your own responsibility and to care for the new-born. This care includes preventative measures, the detection of abnormal conditions in the mother and child and the procurement of medical assistance. This practice may be in the home or hospital and should be based on the best available current evidence. The post requires effective communication and an ability to provide support to the clinical lead in their area of work.
Cambridge University Hospitals offer:
- Starting salary Band 5 pay scale from £25,655 gross per annum (pre OSCE salary: £21,777),
- Enhancements for “unsocial” working hours, nights and Saturdays +30%, Sundays and Public (Bank) Holidays +60%,
- Permanent, full time positions + overtime and additional shifts available,
- English language exam fee (up to £349) – reimbursed on arrival,
- CBT exam fee (£83) – reimbursed on arrival,
- OSCE exam fee (£794) – sponsored in advance,
- Certificate of Sponsorship and Immigration Skills Charge (not IHS) (£3,199) – Employer’s cost,
- Skilled Worker Visa fee for the candidate only – sponsored in advance,
- 1 month of free accommodation (single occupancy only),
- Inbound flight to the UK (including airport transfer),
- A welcome package including the necesary items for the first few days (such as cutlery, bedding, etc.),
- £500 cash advance on arrival*,
- Comprehensive pastoral support,
- 27 days of paid holidays + 8 public holidays,
- Excellent professional development opportunities,
- Enhanced NHS Pension scheme, excellent maternity and paternity leave packages, discounts in local shops, restaurants and more.
* Please note that some of the relocation fees paid by Cambridge University Hospitals will gently be repaid monthly by the candidate during the first 6 months through their salary. These fees include the £500 cash in advance.
- Midwifery degree at post-secondary level leading to registration as a Midwife or Nurse-Midwife.
- Proof of English language proficiency in line with the Nursing and Midwifery Council’s requirements.* IF YOU ARE A REGISTERED MIDWIFE BUT DO NOT HAVE AN ENGLISH LANGUAGE CERTIFICATE PLEASE CLICK HERE.
Experience in a minimum 300-bedded hospital.