Website Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (CUH)
NEU Professionals is recruiting international Registered Paediatric Nurses to work at Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (CUH)
Are you an ambitious nurse looking to improve your CV and gain fantastic experience?
Cambridge University Hospitals (CUH) are looking to recruit Paediatric nurses to join their team at the quintessentially British city of Cambridge with experience in:
- Paediatric critical care (PICU) – need to be planning to register on the NMC paediatric register.
- Paediatric general wards/Paediatric Oncology ward – need to be planning to register on the NMC paediatric register.
- Neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) – need to be planning to register on the NMC paediatric register.
Cambridge University Hospitals is a family of hospitals comprising Addenbrooke’s and The Rosie. As part of the NHS, they deliver expert care for patients – locally, regionally and nationally – while their vibrant teaching community equips and empowers their staff for the future. They also benefit from and contribute to some of the most important biomedical research in the world today.
The Paedriatric Unit is located in Addenbrooke’s Hospital. This hospital provides emergency, surgical and medical care for local people and is also a regional centre of excellence for specialist services such as organ transplantation, neurosciences, genetics as well as paediatrics.
In 2023, Cambridge University Hospitals was awarded the prestigious “NHS Pastoral Care Quality Award” for their outstanding support to international nurses & midwives.
Cambridge University Hospitals offer:
- Starting salary Band 5 pay scale from £28,407 gross per annum (pre OSCE salary: £24,336),
- Enhancements for “unsocial” working hours, nights and Saturdays +30%, Sundays and Public (Bank) Holidays +60%,
- Permanent, full time positions + overtime and additional shifts available,
- English language exam fee (up to £349) – reimbursed on arrival,
- CBT exam fee (£83) – reimbursed on arrival,
- OSCE exam fee (£794) – sponsored in advance,
- Certificate of Sponsorship and Immigration Skills Charge (not IHS) (£3,199) – Employer’s cost,
- Skilled Worker Visa fee for the candidate only – sponsored in advance,
- 1 month of free accommodation (single occupancy only),
- Inbound flight to the UK (including airport transfer),
- A welcome package including the necesary items for the first few days (such as cutlery, bedding, etc.),
- £500 cash advance on arrival*,
- Comprehensive pastoral support,
- 27 days of paid holidays + 8 public holidays,
- Excellent professional development opportunities,
- Enhanced NHS Pension scheme, excellent maternity and paternity leave packages, discounts in local shops, restaurants and more.
* Please note that some of the relocation fees paid by Cambridge University Hospitals will gently be repaid monthly by the candidate during the first 6 months through their salary. These fees include the £500 cash in advance.
- Nursing degree at post-secondary level leading to registration as a general nurse.
- Proof of English language proficiency in line with the Nursing and Midwifery Council’s requirements. *
- Minimum 18 months of working experience in a Paediatric Ward as a Registered Nurse, in a 150 bedded hospital (academic internships not considered).
- Employment Gap: Maximum of 9 months at interview, maximum of 1 year on arrival.
* For other information about NMC English language requirements and exemptions please click here.