National Health Service (NHS)
Commitment to quality of care. Compassion. Improving lives. Everyone counts.
NEU Professionals is recruiting international Pharmacists to work at the NHS
The National Health Service (NHS) in England is currently looking for international Pharmacists to join our team. Pharmacists make a difference to the lives of their patients through an expert knowledge of medicines and health.
Helping people live longer and healthier lives depends on the safe use of medicines and excellent healthcare advice. Pharmacists’ unique expertise and knowledge makes them essential members of the healthcare team. You’ll combine a love of science with a desire to improve lives and be rewarded with a stimulating career across a range of settings and industries.
You’ll use your expert knowledge of medicines and health to make a positive difference to people’s lives and wellbeing. You’ll provide care in a range of settings, often at the heart of local communities. You’ll also have a role in preventing people from getting sick by helping them live healthier lifestyles and making sure they get the most from their medicines.
You’ll also work daily with other healthcare professionals, such as doctors, nurses, allied health professionals and healthcare scientists, using scientific evidence to deliver care in your local community.
The NHS values diversity, inclusivity, and compassion. They know a diverse workforce is essential to providing the best possible care to their patients. They are committed to providing a supportive and welcoming environment for all their employees, regardless of their background or experience.
The NHS understands that employees’ growth and development are crucial to their success. They offer extensive training and development opportunities to help Pharmacists build their skills and advance their careers. The NHS also offer competitive salaries and benefits, including generous holiday allowances, enhanced NHS pension schemes, and health insurance.
If you are a talented and dedicated Pharmacist looking for a new challenge and an opportunity to make a difference, we invite you to join us at the NHS in England. Apply now to become part of our team and help us deliver the best possible care to patients across the country.
NEU Professionals Candidates
- Candidates should have a minimum of 2 years experience working as a Pharmacist (academic internships not considered),
- GPhC (we can support with this for the right candidate) – Desirable but not essential.
- Specialist qualification relevant to role is required.
- Proof of qualification as a pharmacist in an EEA country – More information
- Proof of registration as a pharmacist in an EEA country – More information
- Proof of English language proficiency in line with the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC), preferably Academic IELTS or OET certificate* – Desirable but not essential
*To apply for this position you will need a good level of english as this will be needed to register for the GPhC. The GPhC requires you to pass an Academic IELTS with level 7 in all 4 subtests or a Pharmacy OET with Bs in all 4 subtests. In order to support you with this, the trust will fund the cost of an 8-12 week English training course and an exam. Please note that the course will not teach you vocabulary, it is teach you how to pass the english exam. This means you need to have a good level of english prior to interview, this will be assessed using the “EnglishScore” app by the British council, you will need a score or approximately 480 to continue to interview. Your assigned recruitment consultant will also assess your spoken English during a video introductory call.
Documents requested by your allocated recruitment consultant once your application is being processed:
- Self Declaration
- Pre-interview quiz confirmation (screenshot)
NHS Trusts Offer
- Minimum band 6 salary starting at £35,572 and up to band 9 £95,135 (depending on experience and other qualifications)*,
- Skilled-worker visa with right to bring qualified dependent family members,
- English language training and exam – sponsored by the trust (1 sitting)
- Excellent pastoral care,
- Generous relocation packages,
- 27 days of paid holidays + 8 public holidays,
- Excellent professional development opportunities,
- Enhanced NHS Pension scheme, excellent maternity and paternity leave packages, discounts in local shops, restaurants and more.
*view NHS Agenda for Change for more information about NHS salaries
NEU Professionals and Ethical Recruitment
NEU Professionals are regulated by NHS Employers and their Code of Practice for International Recruitment, which states that some developing countries should not be targeted when actively recruiting healthcare professionals. Therefore we are not able to accept or process applications from any of the countries listed on the following link: https://www.nhsemployers.org/articles/code-practice-red-and-amber-list-countries