Cheshire International Recruitment Collaborative is looking to recruit International Allied Health Professionals including Podiatrists.
Each Trust has its own identity, which is linked to the specific area and community it serves, but they all rely on the same thing for their success: a strong workforce made up of talented people like you, who are committed to treating patients with care, compassion, and dignity.
So, they’ve formed a group – Cheshire International Recruitment Collaborative – and they’ve asked us here at NEU Professionals to help them with their international recruitment. After all, we embrace the same values and ethics outlined in the NHS Code of Practice for International Recruitment and the World Health Organisation guidelines.
We’re also committed to providing the best pastoral care to our candidates throughout the entire recruitment process and beyond, which means the CIRC can focus on providing new employees with OSCE training and preparing them for their qualifying exam.
About the location: Welcome to Cheshire!
The county of Cheshire is used to welcoming new people, with its famous historical villages, peaceful waterways, and sweeping views of the countryside attracting tourists from across the world! But it’s not all rolling green hills and chocolate box houses. In fact, Cheshire has a strong industrial heritage, having once been at the heart of the salt, chemical and railway industries – and its landscape and housing options reflect this as well.
Because Cheshire sits beneath the cities of Liverpool and Manchester, all four Trusts that make up the CIRC are well-located when it comes to international travel, with the cities’ two major airports close by. The Trusts and their various departments are all well-served by their own transport networks, too, which means it’s possible to live and work in the county without owning a car. You can even visit the Peak District or venture into Wales using public transport!
All CIRC NHS Trusts offer:
- Salary Band 5 pay scale from £28,407 gross per annum. (Pre OSCE salary: £24,336) Click here to download Staff Nurse Job Description – Band 5 (pdf),
- Enhancements for “unsocial” working hours, nights and Saturdays +30%, Sundays and Public (Bank) Holidays +60%,
- Permanent, full time positions + overtime and additional shifts available,
- NMC Qualification evaluation fee (£140),
- CBT exam fee (£83),
- OSCE exam fee (£794) – first attempt only,
- Certificate of Sponsorship (£3,199),
- Visa fee – sponsored in advance,
- 2 months of free accommodation (single occupancy only),
- Inbound flight to the UK of max. value of £650 (including airport transfer),
- A welcome package including groceries for the first few days,
- 27 days of paid holidays + 8 public holidays,
- Excellent professional development opportunities,
- Enhanced NHS Pension scheme, excellent maternity and paternity leave packages, discounts in local shops, restaurants and more.
Candidates will be provided with a comprehensive 6 week OSCE training course and sit the exam on week 7. Following the successful completion of the NMC registration the candidates will then attend the standard NHS induction and will be further supported and mentored within their ward or area of specialty.
- Proof of English language proficiency in line with the Health and Care Professions Council’s requirements.*
- HCPC registration desirable but not essential (we can support with this for the right candidate). Specialist qualification relevant to role is required.
* * English language certificate not required when applying through the Swiss Mutual Recognition (SMR) route or when English is candidate’s first language, language use on a day-a-day basis. More information: Statement on English language proficiency requirements for internationally trained health and care professionals.
Any questions? Visit our FAQs section!