UHNM_NHS University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust
If you want to find the best career development opportunity, University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust is the right place for you! This Trust is looking to recruit experienced Registered Midwives to join their oustanding team.
University Hospitals of North Midlands (UHNM) has two sites: Royal Stoke University Hospital, located in Stoke-on-Trent, and County Hospital, located in Stafford. From these hospitals they provide a full range of general acute hospital services for approximately 700,000 people living in and around Staffordshire and beyond. The Trust also provides specialised services, such as Trauma, for three million people in a wider area, including neighbouring counties and North Wales.
More than 165,000 patients attend their Accident and Emergency department. Many emergency patients are brought to them from a wide area by both helicopter and land ambulance because of our Major Trauma Centre status.
University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust offers:
- Salary Band 5 pay scale from £28,407 gross per annum. (Pre OSCE salary: £24,336) Click here to download Staff Nurse Job Description – Band 5 (pdf),
- Enhancements for “unsocial” working hours, nights and Saturdays +30%, Sundays and Public (Bank) Holidays +60%,
- Permanent, full time positions + overtime and additional shifts available,
- English language exam fee (up to £349) – reimbursed on arrival,
- IOM Medical certificate,
- NMC Qualification evaluation fee (£140),
- NMC Registration fee (£153),
- CBT exam fee (£83),
- OSCE exam fee (£794) – first attempt only,
- Certificate of Sponsorship (£3,199),
- Visa fee – sponsored in advance,
- 2 month of free accommodation (single occupancy only),
- Inbound flight to the UK of max. value of £700 (including airport transfer),
- A welcome package including groceries for the first few days,
- 27 days of paid holidays + 8 public holidays,
- Excellent professional development opportunities,
- Enhanced NHS Pension scheme, excellent maternity and paternity leave packages, discounts in local shops, restaurants and more.
- Midwifery degree at post-secondary level leading to registration as a Midwife or Nurse-Midwife.
- NMC test of competence in Midwifery – Computer Based Test “CBT” passed
- Proof of English language proficiency in line with the Nursing and Midwifery Council’s requirements.*
- Minimum 1 year working experience as a Registered Midwife (academic internships not considered).
* For other information about NMC English language requirements and exemptions please click here.