Lancashire and South Cumbria NHS Foundation Trust
If you want to find the best career development opportunity, Lancashire and South Cumbria NHS Foundation Trust (LSCFT) is the right place for you! This Trust is looking to recruit Registered Nurses with experience in Mental Health nursing to join their oustanding team.
Lancashire and South Cumbria NHS Foundation Trust (LSCFT) was established in April 2002 as a mental health and learning disability provider. The Trust incorporated a range of community health and wellbeing services from neighbouring provider organisations, extending its portfolio to include a range of community based services. The Trust provides health and wellbeing services for a population of around 1.8 million people.
Lancashire and South Cumbria NHS Foundation Trust offers:
- Salary Band 5 pay scale from £28,407 gross per annum. (Pre OSCE salary Band 4 £25,147 per annum) Click here to download Staff Nurse Job Description – Band 5 (pdf),
- Enhancements for “unsocial” working hours, nights and Saturdays +30%, Sundays and Public (Bank) Holidays +60%,
- Permanent, full time positions + overtime and additional shifts available,
- Sponsored OET Training and OET Exam fee (£350) – sponsored in advance
- NMC Qualification evaluation fee (£140),
- CBT exam fee (£83),
- OSCE exam fee (£794) – first attempt only,
- Certificate of Sponsorship (£3,199),
- Visa fee – sponsored in advance,
- 12 weeks of accommodation (single occupancy only)
- Inbound flight to the UK of max. value of £650 (including airport transfer),
- A welcome package including groceries for the first few days,
- 27 days of paid holidays + 8 public holidays,
- Excellent professional development opportunities,
- Enhanced NHS Pension scheme, excellent maternity and paternity leave packages, discounts in local shops, restaurants and more.
Candidates will be provided with a comprehensive 6 week OSCE training course and sit the exam on week 7. Following the successful completion of the NMC registration the candidates will then attend the standard NHS induction and will be further supported and mentored within their ward or area of specialty.
- Nursing degree at post-secondary level leading to registration as a general nurse.
- NMC test of competence in Mental Health – Computer Based Test “CBT”
- Proof of English language proficiency in line with the Nursing and Midwifery Council’s requirements.*
- Minimum 1 year of working experience as a Registered Nurse in Mental Health hospital setting. (academic internships not considered).
* For other information about NMC English language requirements and exemptions please click here.