Mersey Care NHS Foundation Trust
If you want to find the best career development opportunity, Mersey Care NHS Foundation Trust is the right place for you! This Trust is looking to recruit Registered Nurses with experience in Mental Health nursing to join their oustanding team.
Mersey Care NHS Foundation Trust is one of the largest trusts providing physical health and mental health services in the North West, serving more than 11 million people. They offer specialist inpatient and community services that support physical and mental health and specialist inpatient mental health, learning disability, addiction and brain injury services. Mersey Care is one of only three trusts in the UK that offer high secure mental health facilities.
The care they offer is built on strong relationships, and they will work side-by-side with their staff, other organisations, and with people and communities themselves to activate, innovate and continually improve the prevention, treatment and support they provide. Together, they believe they can exceed expectations of the health, care and wellbeing available to the people they serve.
Mersey Care NHS Foundation Trust offers:
- Salary Band 5 pay scale from £28,407 gross per annum. (Pre OSCE salary: £24,336) Click here to download Staff Nurse Job Description – Band 5 (pdf),
- Enhancements for “unsocial” working hours, nights and Saturdays +30%, Sundays and Public (Bank) Holidays +60%,
- Permanent, full time positions + overtime and additional shifts available,
- NMC Qualification evaluation fee (£140),
- CBT exam fee (£83),
- OSCE exam fee (£794) – first attempt only,
- Certificate of Sponsorship (£3,199),
- Visa fee – sponsored in advance,
- 1 month of free accommodation (single occupancy only),
- Inbound flight to the UK of max. value of £650 (including airport transfer),
- A welcome package including groceries for the first few days,
- 27 days of paid holidays + 8 public holidays,
- Excellent professional development opportunities,
- Enhanced NHS Pension scheme, excellent maternity and paternity leave packages, discounts in local shops, restaurants and more.
Candidates will be provided with a comprehensive 6 week OSCE training course and sit the exam on week 7. Following the successful completion of the NMC registration the candidates will then attend the standard NHS induction and will be further supported and mentored within their ward or area of specialty.
- Nursing degree at post-secondary level leading to registration as a general nurse.
- NMC test of competence in Mental Health – Computer Based Test “CBT”
- Proof of English language proficiency in line with the Nursing and Midwifery Council’s requirements.*
- Minimum 1 year of working experience as a Registered Nurse in Mental Health hospital setting. (academic internships not considered).
* For other information about NMC English language requirements and exemptions please click here.