Website CapitalNurse, London - Video interviews: 20th April 2021
We are now accepting applications from Theatre Nurses to join the CapitalNurse workforce in London. Find out more about CapitalNurse.
CapitalNurse is a programme of work being delivered through collective action across London, and it belongs to all nurses in the capital. It was established in July 2015 and is funded by Health Education England. It is jointly lead by Health Education England and NHS England and NHS Improvement.
CapitalNurse’s vision is to ‘get nursing right for London’; ensuring that London has the right number of nurses, with the right skills in the right place, working to deliver excellent nursing wherever it is needed.
- Salary Band 5 pay scale from £24,907 gross per annum (Pre OSCE salary: £21,142). Click here to download Staff Nurse Job Description – Band 5 (pdf).
- Enhancements for “unsocial” working hours, nights and Saturdays +30%, Sundays and Public (Bank) Holidays +60%.
- Mixed shift pattern days, nights and weekends, 37.5h per week, 3 x 12.5h shifts.
- Permanent, full time positions + overtime and additional shifts available.
- CBT exam fee (£83) – one assessment only.
- OSCE exam fee (£794) – one assessment only – Fee paid upfront and reclaimed over 12 months via salary sacrifice.
- NMC Registration application fee (£153).
- Visa fee – sponsored in advance.
- 1 month of free accommodation.
- Inbound flight to the UK of max. value of £800.
- 27 days of paid holidays + 8 public holidays.
- Excellent professional development opportunities.
- Enhanced NHS Pension scheme, excellent maternity and paternity leave packages, discounts in local shops, restaurants and more.
- Nursing degree at post-secondary level leading to registration as a general nurse (minimum 3 years in length, containing minimum of 500 hours of clinical practice).
- Proof of English language proficiency in line with the Nursing and Midwifery Council’s requirements.*
- Minimum 1 year of working experience in acute hospital or community setting as a Registered Nurse (academic internships not considered).
* For other information about NMC English language requirements and exemptions please click here.