Liverpool Women's NHS Foundation Trust
We specialise in the health of women & families.
Liverpool Women’s NHS Foundation Trust have an exciting opportunity for qualified Theatre Nurses to join their outstanding team of professionals!
Liverpool has a rich history of providing care for women and babies that dates back to 1796 and over the last few years they as a Trust have been working diligently to continue the improvement and evolution of their services by trying to plan for the long term future and developing a well led, capable, motivated and entrepreneurial Workforce.
Each year the Trust, a professional team of 1,400 people, takes care of more than 50,000 patients from Liverpool, the surrounding areas and across the UK. As well as delivering care within their main hospital (located on Crown Street in Toxteth), they work in the heart of the community, providing care for patients at various clinics across the city.
About the location: Welcome to Merseyside!
The county of Merseyside is a metropolitan county in North West England, divided in two parts by the Mersey Estuary that separates the five boroughs that comprise it, Wirral borough is situated on the west side of the estuary and Liverpool, Knowsley, Sefton and St. Helens are located on the east side.
Surround yourself with the culture, history and art of a county like Merseyside, where the Beatles started with a dream and made the city of Liverpool as famous as they were, explore the River Mersey on its remarkable ferries or simply enjoy the wonderful views from Crosby Beach.
Liverpool Women’s NHS Foundation Trust offer:
- Salary Band 5 pay scale from £27,055 gross per annum. (Pre OSCE salary: £23,177) Click here to download Staff Nurse Job Description – Band 5 (pdf),
- Enhancements for “unsocial” working hours, nights and Saturdays +30%, Sundays and Public (Bank) Holidays +60%,
- Permanent, full time positions + overtime and additional shifts available,
- NMC Qualification evaluation fee (£140),
- CBT exam fee (£83),
- OSCE exam fee (£794) – first attempt only,
- Certificate of Sponsorship (£3,199),
- Visa fee – sponsored in advance,
- Up to 6 weeks of free accommodation (single occupancy only),
- Inbound flight to the UK of max. value of £650 (including airport transfer),
- A welcome package including groceries for the first few days,
- 27 days of paid holidays + 8 public holidays,
- Excellent professional development opportunities,
- Enhanced NHS Pension scheme, excellent maternity and paternity leave packages, discounts in local shops, restaurants and more.
Candidates will be provided with a comprehensive 6 week OSCE training course and sit the exam on week 7. Following the successful completion of the NMC registration the candidates will then attend the standard NHS induction and will be further supported and mentored within their ward or area of specialty.
- Nursing degree at post-secondary level leading to registration as a general nurse.
- Proof of English language proficiency in line with the Nursing and Midwifery Council’s requirements.*
- 1 to 2 years working experience in acute hospital setting as a Registered Nurse (academic internships not considered). Gaps up to 1 year accepted depending on the reason.
* For other information about NMC English language requirements and exemptions please click here.
Any questions? Visit our FAQs section!