Website Now accepting applications!
Now accepting applications!
We are excited to announce that we are now also accepting applications from medical specialists to join our District Health Boards in New Zealand! Lakes DHB are now looking to recruit experienced Cardiologists to join their fantastic team in Rotorua Hospital, located in the Bay of Plenty region.
The role combines responsibilities to Cardiology and general internal medicine. To provide a high standard of clinical practice and expertise that contributes to the provision of efficient and effective Cardiology and general internal medical services to the community and region serviced by Lakes District Health Board. This will involve the following:
- To be a member of the Cardiology/General internal medicine team based at Rotorua in providing internal medicine services to the Lakes DHB community,
- To link with Regional Cardiology Services,
- These duties will include outpatient sessions, (Rotorua & Taupo) inpatient care, Cardiology investigations/procedures and on-call duties as per the physicians roster,
- To provide professional clinical leadership and supervision to junior medical staff as required,
- To maintain effective interpersonal relationships with colleagues, staff and patients, with the objective of improving hospital services, and handle sensitively any problems which may arise in this respect,
- To actively participate in peer review, clinical audits quality improvement programmes and clinical governance,
- To provide local Cardiology services in combination with regional services,
- To develop the Cardiology services to meet local population needs consistent with Lakes DHB objectives and NZ Health Strategy goals.
- Salary based on experience,
- Further education/learning opportunities sponsored by the DHB,
- A variety of shift work – work to suit your lifestyle,
- Working within a multidisciplinary team,
- Full orientation and extra educational support.
Relocation allowances vary, starting from NZ$20,000 and may be used to cover (subject to final confirmation as per contract):
- Inbound economy flight for the candidate only,
- Managed isolation costs for the candidate only (additional family members would be at your own expense, Managed Isolation costs can be found here),
- Up to 2 weeks of free post-isolation accommodation for the candidate and their immediate family,
- Up to 4 weeks use of rental car if required,
- Shipping of personal effects,
- Professional registration fees.
- Full New Zealand MCMZ registration (can be completed post interview),
- Minimum two years of recent practice as a medical specialist (inpatient or community),
- Proof of English language proficiency in line with the MCNZ policy of English language requirements if applicable (OET at a score of 350 for each band or Academic IELTS at a minimum score of 7.5 in Listening and Speaking and 7.0 in Writing and Reading),
A dedicated NEU Consultant will be at your side throughout each stage of the recruitment and registration process always offering best practice advise and support. If you have any questions about the process or require more details about the available vacancies, simply fill in the application form below and our team will be in touch within the next 24 to 48 hours.