Website Now accepting applications!
Now accepting applications!
We are excited to announce that we are now also accepting applications from medical specialists to join our District Health Boards in New Zealand! Taranaki DHB employs more than 1800 people and is responsible for planning, funding and providing hospital and healthcare services for the people of Taranaki. This District Health Board has two hospitals – Taranaki Base Hospital in New Plymouth and Hawera Hospital as well as various health centres throughout the region.
As part of the ORL service you will be expected to:
- Provide consultant services to people requiring specialist care.
- Interact daily with other departments.
- Mentor junior medical staff attached to the service.
- Have the ability to work in a range of settings i.e. Inpatient, outpatient and community settings inclusive of crisis work.
- Cover for colleagues in their absence.
You will be known by your peers as someone who:
- Works well in multidisciplinary teams to provide person centred care.
- Strives to improve the way services are developed and delivered.
- Have excellent communication skills and the ability to interact with a wide variety of people from various backgrounds.
- Engages with other providers, consumers, and health organisations to improve the quality and responsiveness of services.
- Focuses on achieving results and developing and maintaining good working relationships in the workplace.
- Salary based on experience,
- Further education/learning opportunities sponsored by the DHB,
- A variety of shift work – work to suit your lifestyle,
- Working within a multidisciplinary team,
- Full orientation and extra educational support.
Relocation allowances vary, starting from NZ$20,000 and may be used to cover (subject to final confirmation as per contract):
- Inbound economy flight for the candidate only,
- Managed isolation costs for the candidate only (additional family members would be at your own expense, Managed Isolation costs can be found here),
- Up to 2 weeks of free post-isolation accommodation for the candidate and their immediate family,
- Up to 4 weeks use of rental car if required,
- Shipping of personal effects,
- Professional registration fees.
- Full New Zealand MCMZ registration (can be completed post interview),
- Minimum two years of recent practice as a consultant (inpatient or community),
- Proof of English language proficiency in line with the MCNZ policy of English language requirements if applicable (OET at a score of 350 for each band or Academic IELTS at a minimum score of 7.5 in Listening and Speaking and 7.0 in Writing and Reading),
A dedicated NEU Consultant will be at your side throughout each stage of the recruitment and registration process always offering best practice advise and support. If you have any questions about the process or require more details about the available vacancies, simply fill in the application form below and our team will be in touch within the next 24 to 48 hours.