Website Now accepting applications!
Now accepting applications!
We are excited to announce that we are now also accepting applications from medical specialists to join our District Health Boards in New Zealand! Lakes DHB are now looking to recruit experienced Consultant Psychiatrists (ideally with experience in Mental Health and Addiction services) to join their fantastic team in the Bay of Plenty region.
The Consultant Psychiatrist is required to undertake their clinical responsibilities and to conduct themselves in all matters relating to their employment, in accordance with best practice and relevant ethical and professional standards and guidelines, as determined from time to time by:
- The New Zealand Medical association’s code of ethics,
- The practitioner’s relevant medical college(s) and/or professional associations(s),
- The New Zealand Medical Council,
- The Health and Disability Commissioner and Lakes District Health Board’s policies and procedures, except to the extent that they may be inconsistent with any other provision of this Agreement,
- To ensure provision of efficient Mental Health services to the community served by the Mental Health Service,
- To facilitate clinical guidance and instruction for the staff of the Mental Health & Addiction Service relating to medical matters,
- To assist in the instruction, monitoring and advising of Registrars and Junior Medical Officers employed by the Mental Health Service and other relevant services in the district on Mental Health policies and procedures.
- Salary based on experience,
- Further education/learning opportunities sponsored by the DHB,
- A variety of shift work – work to suit your lifestyle,
- Working within a multidisciplinary team,
- Full orientation and extra educational support.
Relocation allowances vary, starting from NZ$20,000 and may be used to cover (subject to final confirmation as per contract):
- Inbound economy flight for the candidate only,
- Managed isolation costs for the candidate only (additional family members would be at your own expense, Managed Isolation costs can be found here),
- Up to 2 weeks of free post-isolation accommodation for the candidate and their immediate family,
- Up to 4 weeks use of rental car if required,
- Shipping of personal effects,
- Professional registration fees.
- Full New Zealand MCMZ registration (can be completed post interview),
- Minimum two years of recent practice as a consultant (inpatient or community),
- Proof of English language proficiency in line with the MCNZ policy of English language requirements if applicable (OET at a score of 350 for each band or Academic IELTS at a minimum score of 7.5 in Listening and Speaking and 7.0 in Writing and Reading),
A dedicated NEU Consultant will be at your side throughout each stage of the recruitment and registration process always offering best practice advise and support. If you have any questions about the process or require more details about the available vacancies, simply fill in the application form below and our team will be in touch within the next 24 to 48 hours.