Website Now accepting applications!
Now accepting applications!
We are excited to announce that we are now also accepting applications from medical specialists to join our District Health Boards in New Zealand! Lakes DHB are now looking to recruit experienced Consultant Urologists to join their fantastic team in Rotorua Hospital, located in the Bay of Plenty region.
The general duties for this position are:
- Providing efficient and effective assessment and management of the department’s patients following accepted professional guidelines
- Working with other Team members to mutually agreed work schedules and waiting list management processes, in consultation with the Head of Department / Service Director.
- Conducting regular ward rounds and ward work at a time that facilitates efficient patient flows and meets treatment objectives
- Carrying out investigative and treatment procedures within the Organisation where possible.
- Seeing and advising on inpatients referred by hospital specialist colleagues for assessment, within a timeframe appropriate to the clinical circumstances.
- Being responsible for the referral of any patients under their care to other centres for specialist treatment when appropriate.
- Maintaining comprehensive and accurate records for all patients seen
- Providing verbal advice to GPs who telephone for assistance.
- Ensuring that discharge summaries are completed by the team, ideally at time of discharge but otherwise within 24hrs of discharge.
- Salary based on experience,
- Further education/learning opportunities sponsored by the DHB,
- A variety of shift work – work to suit your lifestyle,
- Working within a multidisciplinary team,
- Full orientation and extra educational support.
Relocation allowances vary, starting from NZ$20,000 and may be used to cover (subject to final confirmation as per contract):
- Inbound economy flight for the candidate only,
- Managed isolation costs for the candidate only (additional family members would be at your own expense, Managed Isolation costs can be found here),
- Up to 2 weeks of free post-isolation accommodation for the candidate and their immediate family,
- Up to 4 weeks use of rental car if required,
- Shipping of personal effects,
- Professional registration fees.
- Full New Zealand MCMZ registration (can be completed post interview),
- Minimum two years of recent practice as a consultant,
- Proof of English language proficiency in line with the MCNZ policy of English language requirements if applicable (OET at a score of 350 for each band or Academic IELTS at a minimum score of 7.5 in Listening and Speaking and 7.0 in Writing and Reading),
A dedicated NEU Consultant will be at your side throughout each stage of the recruitment and registration process always offering best practice advise and support. If you have any questions about the process or require more details about the available vacancies, simply fill in the application form below and our team will be in touch within the next 24 to 48 hours.