Now accepting applications!
Now accepting applications!
Have you ever wanted to visit New Zealand, see the sights and earn some money at the same time?
NEU Professionals Ltd. in partnership with various District Health Boards in New Zealand are now recruiting Registered Midwives at all levels to join their amazing teams of healthcare professionals.
The manner in which New Zealanders approach their work-life balance is one of the most compelling reasons take the leap! New Zealand is also a fantastic place to live family life to the fullest. Along with the favourable climate you will find that enjoying the beautiful outdoors becomes a far greater part of life.
Therefore, we are delighted to introduce our District Health Boards:
DISTRICT HEALTH BOARDS IN THE NORTH ISLAND
AUCKLAND (Auckland region):
Working in partnership to deliver excellent care to the diverse population of Auckland and its suburbs are:
Waitemata District Health Board (north of the city) – Located close to the Waitakere ranges and to west Auckland beaches, Waitakere Hospitalprovides primary maternity and secondary obstetric services to the population of West Auckland.
Last year, the team assisted in the delivery of more than 3,000 births. The DHB births women from 32 weeks gestation and has a 12 bed SCBU. WDHB has a LSCS rate of around 24%. The ward boosts a strong relationship with LMCs, providing the successful candidate to assist in a higher number of births.
This is a midwifery led unit (no registrars, just midwives and consultants), so antenatal, postnatal and birthing are all in one ward therefore you get to experience it all.
Waitemata DHB offers ongoing guidance from Midwife Educatorto ensure both a supportive environment and that you are able to keep your registration and practice above the national guideline standards.
Auckland District Health Board (centre) – Auckland District Health Board is one of the largest quality health providers in New Zealand offering a wide range of primary, secondary, tertiary and quaternary services to around 1.6 million people in the northern region as well as nationally for specific specialities.
ADHB takes great pride in the professional development of their midwives and can offer you clear pathways to learn and develop professionally across a range of speciality midwifery practice including clinical expertise, education, research and leadership. Read more about Auckland DHB Midwifery careers.
Counties Manukau District Health Board (south) – Counties Manukau Health is the largest provider of maternity care in New Zealand. The Counties Manukau region, in Auckland has a diverse population of many cultures. With one of the highest birth rates in the country, an average of 19 births a day and up to 7200 per year, 6500 in Birthing and Assessment. Midwifery work is both interesting and challenging and you’ll receive a wealth of hands-on birthing experience! Read more about Counties Manukau DHB Midwifery careers.
TARANAKI (Taranaki region):
Taranaki District Health Board employs more than 1800 people and is responsible for planning, funding and providing hospital and healthcare services for the people of Taranaki. This District Health Board has two hospitals – Taranaki Base Hospital in New Plymouth and Hawera Hospital as well as various health centres throughout the region.
HUTT VALLEY (Wellington region):
Hutt Valley District Health Board (HVDHB) have a strong focus on working together to improve the health and wellbeing of their people and communities. Hutt Valley DHB covers the Te Awakairangi area – the Hutt Valley in the Wellington region – and serves over 150,000 people.
ROTOURA AND TAUPO (Bay of Plenty region):
Taupo hospital is a level 2 hospital providing some medical and rehabilitation services with ambulatory clinics and day stay surgery.
DISTRICT HEALTH BOARDS IN THE SOUTH ISLAND
DUNEDIN (Otago region):
Southern District Health Board offer their healthcare services at their hospitals in Dunedin, Wakari (Dunedin), Invercargill and Queenstown.
Dunedin is New Zealand’s sixth most populous city and is located on the east coast of the Southern Island. Its urban area lies on the central-eastern coast Otago’s region.
- Salary based on experience with top end pay exceeding NZD 73,000 + overtime payments,
- Further education/learning opportunities sponsored by the DHB,
- A variety of shift work – work to suit your lifestyle,
- Working within a multidisciplinary team,
- Full orientation and extra educational support.
Relocation allowances vary, starting from NZ$2,000 and may be used to cover (subject to final confirmation as per contract):
- Inbound economy flight for the candidate only,
- Managed isolation costs for the candidate only (additional family members would be at your own expense. Managed Isolation costs can be found here),
- 2 weeks of free post-isolation accommodation for the candidate and their immediate family,
- Up to 4 weeks use of rental car if required,
- Shipping of personal effects,
- Professional registration fees.
- Full New Zealand Midwifery registration (can be completed post interview),
- Minimum two years of recent practice as a Registered Midwife (in a hospital or community),
- BSc Midwifery Degree,
- Proof of English language proficiency in line with the Nursing Council of New Zealand if applicable (OET at a score of 350 for each band or Academic IELTS at a minimum score of 7 in each band – for more information please click here)