Website Now accepting applications!
Now accepting applications!
We are excited to announce that we are now also accepting applications from medical specialists to join our District Health Boards in New Zealand! Lakes DHB are now looking to recruit experienced Rural Hospital Specialists to join their fantastic team at Taupo Hospital in the Waikato region.
We are seeking Rural Hospital Specialists to work in both the Emergency Department and Inpatient Ward. You will be part of a small competent and supportive team which provide 24/7 medical cover.
You will be able to use your varied and broad generalist knowledge and experience to diagnose and treat your patient in ED, follow those patients admitted to the inpatient ward through to discharge or stabilise and transfer patients to the Secondary/Tertiary Hospitals when required.
Taupo Hospital also provides a rehabilitation service for its local community.
- Salary based on experience,
- Further education/learning opportunities sponsored by the DHB,
- A variety of shift work – work to suit your lifestyle,
- Working within a multidisciplinary team,
- Full orientation and extra educational support.
Relocation allowances vary and may be used to cover (subject to final confirmation as per contract):
- Inbound economy flight for the candidate only,
- Managed isolation costs for the candidate only (additional family members would be at your own expense, Managed Isolation costs can be found here),
- Up to 2 weeks of free post-isolation accommodation for the candidate and their immediate family,
- Up to 4 weeks use of rental car if required,
- Shipping of personal effects,
- Professional registration fees.
- Full New Zealand MCMZ registration (can be completed post interview),
- Minimum two years of recent practice as a consultant (inpatient or community),
- Proof of English language proficiency in line with the MCNZ policy of English language requirements if applicable (OET at a score of 350 for each band or Academic IELTS at a minimum score of 7.5 in Listening and Speaking and 7.0 in Writing and Reading),
A dedicated NEU Consultant will be at your side throughout each stage of the recruitment and registration process always offering best practice advise and support. If you have any questions about the process or require more details about the available vacancies, simply fill in the application form below and our team will be in touch within the next 24 to 48 hours.