Do you wish to move your nursing career to the U.K. but do not have an English Certificate yet?
NO PROBLEM! NOW YOU CAN APPLY!
We are currently accepting applications from overseas Registered Nurses with experience in Mental Health who are yet to pass their English Language exam! Apply below to request to join the teams at some of the most prestigious NHS hospitals across the North and South of England.
Have you recently decided it’s time for a change, and you’re now looking for a new career challenge? Starting a new job in a different country can be very exciting and lead to lots of great opportunities, but you need to make sure that you choose the right agency to hold your hand and guide you through the process. NEU Professionals offers careers in Mental Health Nursing at some of the most prestigous NHS Trusts in the United Kingdom as well as an intensive English Language Training course sponsored by the Trust!
If you are an ambitious nurse, the U.K. is the place for you!
If there is one thing the NHS can offer it’s the opportunity to learn and progress in your career. In addition to the training you will be given by your employer, you will find that U.K. has plenty of Institutes and Universities linked to its Trusts, offering all sorts of courses and Master’s degrees.
*Please note that this opportunity to apply without an English Language Certificate is currently ONLY OPEN FOR REGISTERED NURSES WITH EXPERIENCE IN MENTAL HEALTH. We still require an IELTS/OET certificate from nurses applying for every other speciality.
Please fill in the form below to apply for our Mental Health nursing vacancies in the U.K. and our team will be in touch shortly!
(Please only apply once)
Our English Language Training – What to expect
Here we explain the processes involved in the NEU Professionals mental health English language project along with the requirements for the candidate and how these fit together.
- Receipt of Applications: candidates will apply to NEU Professionals directly.
- Screening of Applications: NEU will screen applications to ensure a fit with the criteria and also the candidate’s preference with regard to location, lifestyle and availability.
- Placement Testing: Suitable candidates will be tested by Specialist Language Courses (SLC) to verify their current level of English. Those achieving scores demonstrating a high proficiency of English and a likelihood of successful OET certification after a 4-week course will be highlighted to NEU Professionals.
- Shortlisting of candidates: Based on the feedback from SLC, NEU Professionals will communicate with candidates to understand their training availability and capacity for an intensive course. Those who meet all the client’s criteria and are fully committed to the process will be uploaded to our online platform and scheduled for interview.
- Interview: Candidates will be video interviewed by clients during a schedule fully managed and facilitated by NEU. A project manager will be present at all times to ensure fluid progress and availability of information.
- Language Course Enrolment: Upon notification that the candidate has passed the interview, he/she will be enrolled in a 4-week intensive OET preparation course which will include tutor-led classes 3 times a week and interactive online courses to complement it. The initial cost of this training will be covered by NEU Professionals.
- Client / Candidate Engagement Sessions: In parallel to language training, Trusts will begin the process of candidate engagement to build a sense of belonging and excitement.
- Mid-course assessment: Towards the middle of the language course, the SLC will informally assess each candidate’s progress and provide an assessment of their likelihood of passing the exam. This will allow time to make any particular adjustments for individuals, or to recognise that an individual may need training beyond the allocated period. Attendance and progress will be continuously monitored through SLC’s online platform to ensure that only the most engaged students are approved for the exam. Statistics are available in real time and a star and flag system is used to score engagement; based on these, NEU Professionals will intervene where there are areas of concern and attempt to modify behaviour.
- Exam Booking: For those candidates who are deemed highly likely to pass their OET test, NEU will book examinations on the soonest possible date following the course. This needs to be done prior to the course finishing due to the requirement to book well in advance. The upfront cost of this exam will be covered by NEU Professionals.
- Exam Success >> Standard Recruitment Process: Following a successful result the candidate will move into our standard processes for overseas recruitment.
- Exam Failure >> Candidate resit: Given the level of screening prior to examination, any exam failures are likely to be by very small margins. Candidates will be encouraged to re-sit the exam at the earliest opportunity and engage with any further training that they feel would be beneficial. The cost of this additional exam fee and any further training would be borne by the candidate. We would expect candidates to recognise that their goal is clearly in sight and to focus on the small incremental improvement they need to make to gain English certification.
The role of a Mental Health Nurse within the NHS
The NHS is currently looking to recruit a large number of Mental Health nurses to join its ranks, with this crucial service being in high demand throughout the United Kingdom. Covid-19 has had a profound effect on people’s mental health and this issue will be present for many years to come. So much so that the British government recently published a Covid-19 mental health and wellbeing recovery action plan, to ensure that the country offers enough support and has the necessary capacity to resolve this unfortunate situation.
Mental Health nursing involves providing care to patients with specific Mental Health needs in a hospital setting. They aim to build good relationships with service users and their families throughout the therapy process, and work with patients in all age ranges.
Mental Health nursing in the UK has its own specialist qualification, which you can access by applying for a job as a Mental Health nurse (NMC RN3). You can do this if you have a Nursing Degree and either an IELTS or OET English Language Certificate for which we can offer you full support to achieve the required scores thanks to our BRAND NEW ENGLISH LANGUAGE TRAINING. If you were accepted for the role, you would be given training and support to help you pass the Mental Health OSCE. This process would involve:
- Understanding of the role and the needs of this group of patients
- Experience of working in this care setting
- Gaining an additional qualification (desirable, but not essential)
To learn more about how to become a Registered Nurse in the United Kingdom please visit our Candidate Section.
If you are a Registered Nurse with experience in Mental Health care and wish to request more information about the new English Language Training project simply fill in the form above.