Do you wish to move your nursing career to the U.K. but do not have an English Certificate yet?
NO PROBLEM! NOW YOU CAN APPLY!
We are currently accepting applications from overseas Registered Nurses with experience in Mental Health who are yet to pass their English Language exam!
Apply below to request to join the teams at some of the most prestigious hospitals in the London area. These include:
Our English Language Training Process
- Send us your application: Fill in the application form below to apply and provide us with your CV if possible, qualifications and GDPR consent to share your details with our partner English Language school.
- Application assessment: NEU will screen your application to ensure you fit the criteria and also your preference with regard to location, lifestyle and availability. If we agree to proceed with your application we will encourage you to make a start with your NMC registration under our guidance.
- Initial level of English assessment by SLC: Our partner English language school Specialist Language Courses (SLC) will ascertain your current level of English according to the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR). A minimum score of C1 in writing is required in a needs analysis form to be considered for the courses. For more information about SLC you may visit the this link.
- Interview with NHS Trusts: You will be video interviewed by your potential NHS employer, all organised by NEU Professionals to ensure smooth progress and availability of information.
- Language course enrolment: Once you have been successful at the interview with the NHS Trust, you will then be enrolled on an intensive 4-week OET preparation course comprising tutor-led classes 3 times per week and online interactive courses to supplement this. Your NHS Trust will stay in touch for motivation and support purposes.
- Mid-course assessment: Around halfway through the language course, SLC will informally assess your progess and provide an assessment of your likelihood of succlessful exam clearance, giving you time to prepare accordingly. Attendance and progress will be continually monitored via SLC’s online platform to ensure only the most committed students are approved for examination.
- English language exam: If SLC has decided that you will highly likely pass your OET test, NEU will book examinations on the soonest possible date following the course.
- Start of process with NEU Professionals: Following a successful result you will move into our standard processes for overseas recruitment.
*Please note that this opportunity to apply without an English Language Certificate is currently ONLY OPEN FOR REGISTERED NURSES WITH EXPERIENCE IN MENTAL HEALTH. We still require an IELTS/OET certificate from nurses applying for every other specialities.
Please fill in the form below to apply for our Mental Health nursing vacancies in London and our team will be in touch shortly!
(Please only apply once)
More about Mental Health Nursing in London
Have you recently decided it’s time for a change, and you’re now looking for a new career challenge? Starting a new job in a different country can be very exciting and lead to lots of great opportunities, but you need to make sure that you choose the right agency to hold your hand and guide you through the process.
We offer careers in Mental Health Nursing at some of the most prestigous NHS Trusts in the capital of the United Kingdom, all working together under the umbrella of CapitalNurse‘s programme. There are currently 17 NHS Trusts collaborating in the programme, and any of them could be your new workplace!
If you are an ambitious nurse, London is the place for you!
If there is one thing the capital can offer, it’s the opportunity to learn and progress in your career. In addition to the training you will be given by your employer, you will find that London has plenty of Institutes and Universities linked to its Trusts, offering all sorts of courses and Master’s degrees.
The role of a Mental Health Nurse within the NHS
The NHS is currently looking to recruit a large number of Mental Health nurses to join its ranks, with this crucial service being in high demand throughout the United Kingdom. Covid-19 has had a profound effect on people’s mental health and this issue will be present for many years to come. So much so that the British government recently published a Covid-19 mental health and wellbeing recovery action plan, to ensure that the country offers enough support and has the necessary capacity to resolve this unfortunate situation.
Mental Health nursing involves providing care to patients with specific Mental Health needs in a hospital setting. They aim to build good relationships with service users and their families throughout the therapy process, and work with patients in all age ranges.
Mental Health Nursing in the UK has its own specialist qualification, which you can access by applying for a job as a Mental Health nurse (NMC RN3). Just like any other role with CapitalNurse, you can do this if you have a Nursing Degree and either an IELTS or OET English Language Certificate. If you were accepted for the role, you would be given training and support to help you pass the Mental Health OSCE. This process would involve:
- Understanding of the role and the needs of this group of patients
- Experience of working in this care setting
- Gaining an additional qualification (desirable, but not essential)
To learn more about how to become a Registered Nurse in the United Kingdom please visit our Candidate Section.
For more details about the role of a Mental Health Nurse at CapitalNurse simply apply below and feel free to ask our team for the CapitalNurse Mental Health Nursing Factsheet.
What’s the quality of life like in London?
Like many of our candidates, you may be a bit hesitant to move to London because you’re worried about the cost of living there. Of course, this is a valid concern, but it’s worth remembering that most people who work in London do not live in the city centre, which is why they can afford to work in the city! Commuting is a very normal thing in the capital and there are some truly amazing places to live in the outskirts of London, all of which are served by one of the world’s most efficient and comprehensive public transport networks.