Do you wish to move your nursing career to the U.K. but do not have an English Certificate yet?
NO PROBLEM! NOW YOU CAN APPLY!
We are currently accepting applications from overseas Registered Midwives who are yet to pass their English Language exam! Apply below to request to join the team at some of the most prestigious hospitals in the North and South of England!
Have you recently decided it’s time for a change, and you’re now looking for a new career challenge? Starting a new job in a different country can be very exciting and lead to lots of great opportunities, but you need to make sure that you choose the right agency to hold your hand and guide you through the process. NEU Professionals offers midwifery careers at some of the most prestigous NHS Trusts in the United Kingdom as well as an intensive English Language Training course sponsored by the Trust!
No matter where in the U.K. you’d like to find a new job, we can allocate you a Recrutiment Consultant who will be advising accordingly about possible placements and the next steps of the process. So if you wish to apply to move your career to the U.K., we kindly advise you to fill in the form below to enrol in our English language course today and book an initial interview with us.
If there is one thing the NHS can offer it’s the opportunity to learn and progress in your career. In addition to the training you will be given by your employer, you will find that the U.K. has plenty of Institutes and Universities linked to its Trusts, allowing them to offer all sorts of courses and Master’s degrees. The NHS has recently been granted some extra budget for their international recruitment of midwives, meaning we have now great career development opportunities for midwives in the U.K.
Our English Language Training Process
- Send us your application: Fill in the application form below to apply and provide us with your CV if possible, qualifications and GDPR consent to share your details with our partner English Language school.
- Application assessment: NEU will screen your application to ensure you fit the criteria and also your preference with regard to location, lifestyle and availability. If we agree to proceed with your application we will encourage you to make a start with your NMC registration under our guidance.
- Initial level of English assessment by SLC: Our partner English language school Specialist Language Courses (SLC) will ascertain your current level of English according to the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR). A minimum score of C1 in writing is required in a needs analysis form to be considered for the courses. For more information about SLC you may visit the this link.
- Interview with NHS Trusts: You will be video interviewed by your potential NHS employer, all organised by NEU Professionals to ensure smooth progress and availability of information.
- Language course enrolment: Once you have been successful at the interview with the NHS Trust, you will then be enrolled on an intensive 4-week OET preparation course comprising tutor-led classes 3 times per week and online interactive courses to supplement this. Your NHS Trust will stay in touch for motivation and support purposes.
- Mid-course assessment: Around halfway through the language course, SLC will informally assess your progess and provide an assessment of your likelihood of succlessful exam clearance, giving you time to prepare accordingly. Attendance and progress will be continually monitored via SLC’s online platform to ensure only the most committed students are approved for examination.
- English language exam: If SLC has decided that you will highly likely pass your OET test, NEU will book examinations on the soonest possible date following the course.
- Continuation of process with NEU Professionals: Following a successful result you will move into our standard processes for overseas recruitment.
*Please note that this opportunity to apply without an English Language Certificate is currently ONLY OPEN FOR REGISTERED MIDWIVES.
We still require an IELTS/OET certificate from nurses applying for every other speciality.
Please fill in the form below to apply for our Midwifery vacancies and our team will be in touch shortly!
(Please only apply once)
The role of a Midwife within the NHS
The role of midwives in the U.K. is vast. You will be caring for women from the beginning of pregnancy right through labour, birth and beyond.
Midwives make a vital contribution to the quality and safety of maternity care. The midwife’s role is to provide skilled, knowledgeable, respectful, and compassionate care for all women, newborn infants and their families. They work across the continuum from pre-pregnancy, pregnancy, labourand birth, postpartum, and the early weeks of newborn infants’ life. This includes women’s future reproductive health, well-being, and decisions and promoting very early child development and the parents’ transition to parenthood.
Midwives respect and enable the human rights of women and children, and their priority is to ensure that care always focuses on the needs, views, preferences, and decisions of the woman and the needs of the newborn infant.
The initial salary for midwives is an NHS salary Band 5 (£25,655 gross per annum). However you can apply to increase your Band within roughly a year of working for the NHS (yes, as early as that!). You will also receive enhancements for “unsocial” working hours & overtime available; 27 days of paid holidays + 8 public holidays; excellent professional development opportunities and enhanced NHS Pension scheme and maternity/ paternity leave packages + free healthcare.
Cambridge University Hospitals’ relocation package includes:
- English language exam fee (up to £349) – reimbursed on arrival,
- NMC evaluation fee (£140) – reimbursed on arrival,
- CBT exam fee (£83) – reimbursed on arrival,
- OSCE exam fee (£794) – sponsored in advance,
- NMC registration fee (£153) – sponsored in advance,
- Certificate of Sponsorship and Immigration Skills Charge (not IHS) (£3,199) – Employer’s cost,
- Skilled Worker Visa fee for the candidate only – sponsored in advance,
- 1 month of free accommodation (single occupancy only), with option to remain in the accommodation for a further 2 months at a cost of £500 per month
- Inbound flight to the U.K.