International Nursing Professional and Educator
Ravindranath Deenoo (Ravi Deenoo) is a seasoned nursing professional and educator residing in the United Kingdom and Mauritius. With an impressive career that spans over three decades, Ravi has accumulated rich experience in both clinical and academic nursing, showcasing competence and passion in his chosen field.
Ravi Deenoo started his nursing career in 1987 in Mauritius, serving as a Nursing Officer at SSRN Hospital for over a decade. He then moved to London to refine his nursing skills at various notable medical establishments, including Moorfields Eye Hospital and the Central London Community Healthcare NHS Trust.
Keen on leveraging his extensive nursing experience for the benefit of aspiring nurses, Ravi transitioned into academia in 2016. He obtained his Postgraduate Certificate as a Nurse Teacher from London South Bank University, which prepared him for a new career chapter as a Practice Educator and later as a Nursing Lecturer.
In his current role as a Nursing Lecturer, Ravi develops teaching methodologies for various nursing courses, supervises, and assesses student nurses, and acts as a mentor, showcasing his strong educational competencies.
Beyond his clinical and teaching roles, Ravi has made noteworthy contributions to nursing education, including developing curriculums in Public Health Nursing, Wound Care Management for Nurses, and Health Promotion in Nursing.
Ravi’s commitment to continuous professional development is evident in his recent achievement of a Master’s degree in Education Management and Leadership and his completion of various online courses to stay updated in his field.
Outside the professional sphere, Ravi is a football coach and charity volunteer, showcasing his community involvement and leadership skills. He also enjoys travelling, enriching his worldview and adaptability.
Ravi is assisting NEU Professionals recruit for the following NHS vacancies:
Ravindranath Deenoo (Ravi Deenoo)
Royal Road, Arsenal, Mauritius | +230 57514825 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nursing and Midwifery Council, UK
- Nursing Council of Mauritius
- European Wound Management Association Member
- Registered Adult Nurse & Specialist Practitioner-District Nursing
- Community Practitioner Nurse Prescriber
- Nursing Lecturer, Rushmore Business School, Mauritius (Apr 2023 – Present)
Skills and Competencies
- Nursing Education: Developed teaching methodologies for National Diploma in Nursing, Diploma in Midwifery, and Wound Care courses. Supervised and assessed student nurses in clinical placements.
- Leadership and Management: Successfully led a team of community staff nurses and healthcare assistants as a District Nurse Team Leader.
- Case Management: Holistically assessed and managed patients with chronic conditions to prevent unplanned hospital admissions.
- Mentorship: Acted as a mentor for student nurses and signed off their program achievements.
- Clinical Competencies: Proficient in advanced wound care management, basic life support, chronic disease management, intravenous therapy, catheterisation, and administration of medications/injections.
- Polytechnics Mauritius Limited, Nursing Lecturer (Jan 2020 – Mar 2023)
- Central London CCG. South Westminster for Health, Practice Educator (Sep 2016 – Dec 2019)
- Worlds End Health Centre, District Nurse Team Leader (Sep 2010 – Aug 2016)
- London South Bank University, District Nurse Student (Sep 2009 – Aug 2010)
- Colville Health Centre, Deputy Team Leader (Jan 2007 – Aug 2009)
- Walmer Road Health Centre, Community Staff Nurse (Jun 2003 – Dec 2006)
- Moorfields Eye Hospital, Staff Nurse (Apr 2000 – May 2003)
- Sonesta Nursing Home, Supervised Placement (Sep 1999 – Mar 2000)
- SSRN Hospital- Mauritius, Nursing Officer (May 1987 – Aug 1999)
Education & Training
- Master’s in Education Management and Leadership, University Technology Mauritius (UTM) (2023)
- PgCert Nurse Teacher, London South Bank University, UK (2016)
- BSc (Hons.) Specialist Nurse Practitioner- District Nursing, London South Bank University (2010)
- Certificate in General Nursing, Ministry of Health, Mauritius (1987)
CPD & Online Courses
- Quality Improvement (2012)
- Mentorship (2009)
- Ophthalmic Nursing (2001)
- Various Online Courses (Conflict Resolution, Fire Safety, Infection Prevention, etc.)
- Contributed to the development of curriculums in Public Health Nursing, Wound Care Management for Nurses, and Health Promotion in Nursing.
Hobbies & Interests
- Football coaching
- Volunteering for local charity
- Extensive travel throughout Europe and Asia