Greater Manchester Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust
If you want to find the best career development opportunity, Greater Manchester Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust is the right place for you! This Trust is looking to recruit Registered Nurses with experience in Mental Health nursing to join their oustanding team.
As a mental health nurse at GMMH you will be dedicated to supporting a person’s recovery and enabling them to have as much involvement and control over their condition as possible.
It is a demanding but rewarding career choice and every bit as valuable and satisfying as caring for those with a physical illness. You will need to build effective relationships with people who use our services, and with their relatives and carers. One day you might be helping someone to manage their depression, another you could be supporting someone else to return to work and engage in relevant therapies or social activities.
Greater Manchester Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust offers:
- Salary Band 5 pay scale from £27,055 gross per annum. (Pre OSCE salary: £23,177) Click here to download Staff Nurse Job Description – Band 5 (pdf),
- Enhancements for “unsocial” working hours, nights and Saturdays +30%, Sundays and Public (Bank) Holidays +60%,
- Permanent, full time positions + overtime and additional shifts available,
- NMC Qualification evaluation fee (£140),
- CBT exam fee (£83),
- OSCE exam fee (£794) – first attempt only,
- Certificate of Sponsorship (£3,199),
- Visa fee – sponsored in advance,
- 1 month of free accommodation (single occupancy only),
- Inbound flight to the UK of max. value of £650 (including airport transfer),
- A welcome package including groceries for the first few days,
- 27 days of paid holidays + 8 public holidays,
- Excellent professional development opportunities,
- Enhanced NHS Pension scheme, excellent maternity and paternity leave packages, discounts in local shops, restaurants and more.
Candidates will be provided with a comprehensive 6 week OSCE training course and sit the exam on week 7. Following the successful completion of the NMC registration the candidates will then attend the standard NHS induction and will be further supported and mentored within their ward or area of specialty.
- Nursing degree at post-secondary level leading to registration as a general nurse.
- NMC test of competence in Mental Health – Computer Based Test “CBT”
- Proof of English language proficiency in line with the Nursing and Midwifery Council’s requirements.*
- Minimum 1 year of working experience as a Registered Nurse in Mental Health hospital setting. (academic internships not considered).
* For other information about NMC English language requirements and exemptions please click here.